Thanks for choosing JayTaxey!
2. ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Policy provides important details relating to JayTaxey’s use of your personal data. This Policy applies to all JayTaxey users, including Riders and Drivers, and to all JayTaxey platforms and service, including our websites, applications, and any associated services (collectively, the “JayTaxey Platform”). The terms governing your use of our services are described in our Terms of Service.
On occasions, we may introduce or develop new services. If these new or additional services leads to material change to the way we collect and use your personal information we will provide you with additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when these new or additional services are introduced, they will be subject to this Policy.
Our privacy commitments to you are outlined below as follows:
a. To help you understand what information about you we collect, how and why we collect it, how we process it, and who we share it with;
b. To make clear how we use the information you share with us in order to give you a wonderful experience when you are using the JayTaxey service, and;
c. To help you understand how to exercise the rights and choice in relation to the information we collect and process about you and how we will ensure your privacy is protected.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you access and/or use our services or platform, we collect information which you voluntarily provide to us, usage data, and information about your devices. We also obtain your personal data from other sources like third party services, which we may integrate with other data we have about you to facilitate your use of our Services. The categories of information we collect about you are set out below:
a. Personal data you provide us
User Profile. We collect information you provide us from your JayTaxey user profile or registration form, such as your name, date of birth, contact information, payment information, profile photo, saved addresses and other identification information).
Driver Eligibility Information. If you apply to provide rideshare services, we will collect information you provide in your application to assess your eligibility to provide such services. Some of the information we collect include, your name, contact information, profile photo, home address, a valid means of identification (e.g., voter’s ID or national ID), payment information, vehicle information, driver’s license information, and background check results (to the extent as permitted under applicable laws).
Communications. When you communicate to us or when we contact you, we collect the information from the exchange, including the contents of the message and, files and attachments.
Ratings and Feedbacks. When you provide ratings and leave feedback about Riders or Drivers, we collect such information.
Other Information. We collect other information such as from your interaction with our social media handles (including social media account ID, profile photo, contact information, and other publicly available data); when you confirm your identity through various media (such as social media logs, or verified payment card information); when you participate in contests and events we organize (such as images, audio files or videos you may submit to us); demographic data you provide to us in surveys (such as age, gender, marital status, occupation, etc.); when you participate in advertisements of our services; information about your vehicle such as the registration number; and when you consent to a ride with in-vehicle audio and/or video recording features..
b. Information when you use our services or platform
Location Data. We want to ensure your ride is safe and accurate. JayTaxey detects your pick-up location and tracks your ride by collecting your location information.
Usage Data. When you use our platform, we collect such ride information as destination, duration of ride, date, transaction information, driving route, and ratings and feedback. We also collect information about your interaction with our apps, websites, and services, including the content you viewed, the features you used and the data and time you accessed these services.
Device Information. We collect information about the device you use to access our Platform including, but without limitation to, the hardware model and serial number, IP address, operating system version, unique identifiers, preferences and settings, push notification tokens, and mobile sensors.
Communication with JayTaxey or Our Agents. We collect information when you contact JayTaxey, use our support services and send correspondence to us.
c. Information from Third-Party sources
We collect information about you from various third parties to facilitate and optimize critical aspects of the JayTaxey Platform and services. We take every reasonable measure to ensure the data we receive from third party sources are in accordance with applicable laws. These third-party services include authentication and background check providers, technical service providers, payment partners, and advertising partners. Other information about you we collect from other sources include referral programs, enterprise programs, publicly available information, and when our use you as an emergency contact.
The categories of personal data from third-party sources are described below.
Authentication and background check providers. When you sign up or log in to our platform using third-party credentials such as Facebook, we import your data from such third party to enable us create your account or log in to our platform. We may also contact background check providers to verify the information you provide to us.
Technical Service Providers. We partner with technical service providers to give us certain information, such as mapping IP addresses to non-precise location data, to help us provide JayTaxey services and features to enhance your JayTaxey experience.
Payment and Financial Service Partners. We obtain data from our payment partners to help us provide you with invoices and process your payment.
Marketing Service Providers and Advertising Partners. We may receive certain information from advertising partners about your interests and preferences through the use of “cookies”, SDK, data analytics technologies and other third-party tools to enable us deliver personalized and optimized services, and improve your experience on our platform.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
There are various reasons why we collect information about you when you access or interact with the JayTaxey Platform and Service. We provide the reasons and describe the various ways we use and process your personal data below.
JayTaxey may use and process your information for the following purposes:
Providing and Personalizing Services and Features. We use your personal data to ensure a personalized, intuitive, seamless, and efficient experience on our platform. This includes, but is not limited to, using your personal data to:
· Create and maintain your account, settings and preferences;
· Verify identity;
· Conduct background checks;
· Facilitate rideshare service between Drivers and Riders;
· Validate your rides, track their progress and detect abnormal routes;
· Process payment
· Implement features and services that personalize your experience on our Platform, such as favorite places;
· Facilitate the recovery of lost or forgotten items during the trip;
· Enable communication with you about your rides and experience;
· Perform internal operation required to ensure a seamless experience, including routine checks, diagnosing and troubleshooting software bugs, and monitoring and analyzing activity trends; and
· Operate, process and manage promotion, contests, and other reward program.
Ensuring the Safety and Security of Users. We use your data to ensure you have a safe and secure experience on the JayTaxey Platform both online and offline. We achieve this by:
· Screening and authenticating Drivers and their vehicles to ensure they meet standard requirements;
· Identifying unsafe and reckless driving behavior such as speeding, driving under the influence of drugs, poor customer service, and providing feedback to drivers based on the identified behavior;
· Detecting and preventing unsafe and fraudulent activities, including removing unsafe and fraudulent Users;
· Investigating and resolving unsatisfactory incidents and accidents arising from your use of our Platform;
· Ensuring compliance with applicable law, our terms of service, and code of conducts; and
· Alerting emergency contacts in the event of an emergency.
Resolving Customer Support Issues. At JayTaxey, we are driven by your satisfaction, and work hard to see that you have an exciting experience. To do this, we use and process your personal data to:
· Address and resolve concerns and questions you have regarding our platform and service;
· Monitor the progress of the customer support issues; and
· Provide feedback to you on measures taken to address customer support issues.
Marketing, Promotion and Advertising Purposes. We strive to bring you efficient services. We may use information about you to market, and advertise JayTaxey services, events, products, or promotion. To do this, we may:
· We may communicate with you about updates on our platform and services, promotional offers, special privileges, and commemorative and festive greetings;
· Facilitate your participation in our events or activities; and
· Personalize our services to you to help improve your experience.
Research and Development. We work hard to stay in tune with you needs and ahead of industry trends. We are always working to provide you with innovative features and services. To ensure this, we collect your data to:
· Research, and analyze innovative technologies and services;
· Develop and test new technologies, features, and services;
· Plan, forecast, strategize and improve our operations and business;
Ensuring Compliance with Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement Request. We may use your personal information to comply with the demands of the law, governmental or regulatory entities regarding the services we provide. We may also use your personal information to defend our rights or property in the event of a dispute or claim as allowed by applicable law.
5. WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We take every reasonable step to ensure responsible use and disclosure of your personal information. JayTaxey does not sell user data. However, we may share your personal data with various parties in order to enable a seamless running of our Platform and Services. In the succeeding section we identify recipients of your data and explain the purposes for which we share your personal data.
a. Information Between JayTaxey Users.
When you schedule a ride, we share with your Driver certain information about you including your pickup location, name, profile picture, phone number, real-time location, and drop-off location. When the ride is completed, we may share your ratings and feedback with the driver, but your identity associated with the feedback and ratings will not be shared.
If you report a lost or found item to us, we may share your contact information with the relevant Rider or Driver – with your consent of course.
As Drivers, when you accept a requested ride, we share your name, profile picture, average rating, real-time location, and information about your vehicle with the Rider.
Also, when you use the JayTaxey Car Pool feature – which allows you to share rides with other Riders going through your route, we may share each Rider’s name and profile picture with the other to ensure safety. Riders may see each other’s pickup and drop-off location to enable them know the route while they share the ride.
In addition, when rides are requested for you and paid for by others, we may share certain details about the ride with them such as the date, time, cost, rating, pickup and drop-off location.
b. Information with Third-Parties
We may share your aspects of your information with third-parties and third-party service providers including emergency contacts, affiliates and subsidiaries, business partners and service providers, researchers, and for legal purposes
With Emergency Contacts. In the event you activate the in-app Emergency feature, we may share your vehicle location and your driver’s/rider’s name with your emergency contact.
With Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may also share your personal data with our affiliates and subsidiaries to coordination and integrate our operations and services.
With Business Partners and Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to our business partners and service providers such as consultants, advertising and marketing partners, investors, and researchers for the reasons listed below:
· To maintain and ensure your JayTaxey account is in good condition;
· To facilitate and process payment;
· To provide due diligence and verify the identity of users;
· To detect and prevent fraud;
· To provide and manage participation in promotional and loyalty programs;
· To provide marketing and advertising services;
· To provide financing and business advice;
· To provide technical services such as cloud storage;
· To detect and prevent fraud and unsafe activities; and
· To conduct research to understand and improve JayTaxey Services.
C. Information with Legal Advisors, Governmental Authorities and Regulatory Bodies
We may share your personal data in compliance with legal, governmental or regulatory demands if we determine that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may share your personal data to fulfil the following purposes:
· To respond to legal obligations and process such as investigation, subpoenas, summons or court orders;
· In compliance with governmental and regulatory inquiry and demands;
· To defend legal claims, protect our rights, property or interest, or to protect the rights, safety, property, or interests of our users as permitted by law.
D. In Connection with Merger or Sale
E. With Your Permission
We may disclose your information with other entities and for other purposes, upon your further direction, and to the extent you permit.
6. RETENTION AND DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the Purposes specified in this Policy. As an exemption, retention period will be prolonged as required or allowed by law, including situations such as the following:
· If there is an ongoing issue relating to your account, such as unresolved claims or an outstanding payment on your account. We will retain the necessary personal information until the resolution of the issue;
· Where we need to keep data for legal, tax, auditing, and accounting purposes; and/or
· Where necessary for our legitimate business concerns and interests such as fraud prevention.
If you request account deletion, we will erase or anonymize your information so that it longer identifies you, to the extent as permitted or required by law.
Once we determine your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this Policy, or we no longer a business or legal obligation to keep your information, we take reasonable steps to erase, anonymize or prevent access to such personal data, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws.
However, note that transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties. Therefore, any transmission is done at your own risk.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROL REGARDING YOUR DATA
To the extent as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations, you may be entitled to:
· Require of us information or documents about the processing or use of your personal information;
· Request the update, rectification, and/or (in some case) erasure of your Personal Data;
· Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data either temporarily or permanently;
· Request receipt or transmission to another entity, in electronic for, of the personal information you have provided to us; and
· Lodge a complaint to relevant data privacy authority if your data privacy rights have been breached.
Sharing your personal information with us is done at your discretion and with your consent. If you decide you no longer want us to process your information, we will respect that decision in accordance with the law.
However, the decision to not share your personal information with us or withdrawing your consent could limit our ability to perform actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing your information detailed in Section 4 of this Policy (How Do We Use Your Personal Information) or limit your use of our services.
You may contact us through our contact information, describe in Section 9 (How to Contact Us) below, to make a request to exercise your rights. Understand that we will verify the authority to make the request and may require you to provide further information and supporting document to corroborate the request. Upon verification, we will implement your request in accordance with applicable law.
8. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may occasionally update and modify the terms of this Policy at any time. Your continued use of our Platform and Services and continued communication with us following the modifications and update will signify your acceptance of such modifications or updates.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries regarding this Policy, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com, or call +2349060005359, or write to us at:
UTC Junction, Jos, Plateau State,
Have a delightful experience with JayTaxey!